June 15, 2010

Rebecca the Wrake

Once again I have to begin a blog posting with "look how long it's been since my last post." Rubbish. I claim to be a writer. A writer is someone who writes. Therefore until I can respectably blog at least once a week, I am going to refer to myself as a Writabe as in a "wannabe writer." Hmmm, that has a ring of busy-bee-ness to it which doesn't really apply to me. Obviously. 

How about a Writender, as in a 'pretender.' But really 'pretender' makes me think of "pretender to the throne" - someone who makes a claim to an abolished throne or one currently occupied by someone else. While there could be an element of lying here - someone making a claim to something to which they have no right, much like me 'lying' (ouch) about being a writer - this term does imply some level of motivation and ambition, which also don't really apply to me. Obviously. 

So, what else? I know. A Wrake as in 'fake.' And because a 'rake' is a name for a dissolute person - one lacking in restraint, which as many of my friends can attest, is unfortunately rather fitting - that is what I shall label myself.

So this is me, Rebecca the Wrake (has a nice alliteration to it, don't you think?)  signing off with the hope of, sometime soon, once again referring to myself as a Writer.

No comments: